Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Smoke Signals

reckoned by Monkey Goddess at 4:30 AM

As I mentioned before, I'm a busy cowgirl, ranch boss, and chicken whisperer, and don't often have the patience for interruptions that Johnny Rawhide seems to have. You wouldn't know to look at the feller, but Johnny sometimes has the exitability of a pinto pony with a burr under its saddle. So when he came mosying up to me yesterday (while I was working with some particularly skittish hens), I knew I was in for a grand interruption.

Now understand, Chicken Whisperin' is a delicate business, and when a body has spent weeks convincing some uppity hens to lay eggs, one doesn't like bein' pulled away from breakthrough moments. But I could tell by the twitch in Johnny's right eye that he was all hepped up 'bout somethin', so I left my special coop and followed him into the bunkhouse.

Well, there was Lonesome Bill and Jenny Fivehats and Makin Jorge all surroundin' the 'puter with big old smiles on their faces. I didn't rightly know what to think until Jenny piped up and said, "We been noticed!"

Seems that different bloggers had the kindness to give us a nod: Michael Silence over at No Silence Here and XXXXXXXX over at XXXXXXXXXXXXX (see Update). So the smoke signals have gone up and there are folks out there takin' note.

Well Yee Haw!

Keep on readin' folks. We love to have you come and sit around our campfire.

I have an early morning appointment with some ornery roosters, so I'll be talkin' at ya later.

UPDATE: 4:33 PM

Seems that one of the bloggers who took the time to mention us, don't want us mentionin' him. So, we here at the Stinkhorn have removed all tell of his blog and his handle. We wish him well though, and thank him for the mention.
--------------------

About the Writer
Concha Loca is a Stinkhorn Rodeo
Ranch Boss and resident Chicken Whisperer.